Cranberry Juleps are a favorite at Disneyland during the holidays. They are full of delicious cranberry flavor and a hint of refreshing mint.
You can find this drink in Disneyland at the Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square- or you can make it at home! This is my take on the delicious park drink!
Check out these other tasty Disney treats you can make at home:
What are your favorite holiday treats at the parks? Let me know in the comments below!
How to make Cranberry Juleps?
This recipe is actually a spin off of my very popular Copycat Mint Julep Recipe.
It is a three-part recipe because you need crème de menthe simple syrup, and mint julep syrup to make the final delicious Cranberry Julep.
- Make the crème de menthe simple syrup, let it cool completely
- Make the Mint Julep Syrup, let it cool completely (this uses some of the crème de menthe syrup)
- Combine some of the mint julep syrup with cranberry juice and water, and ice. Pour into cups and serve with an orange slice and mint leaves.
In the parks these are served out of the standard plastic cups, however, if you are going to make these at home, I love making a festive sugared rim.
How to make a sugared rim:
Pour sanding sugar on a plate. Then using a slice of orange swipe the rim of each glass, getting it covered with juice.
Swirl the rim into the sanding sugar and enjoy!
What to do with extra crème de menthe?
I like to store extra crème de menthe in a mason jar and refrigerate for up to 2 months. Then I can use it for making more mint juleps or adding to homemade lemonade or iced tea.
Can you buy crème de menthe?
Yes! However, most of the crème de menthe you buy from the store has alcohol in it. So just make sure to check before buying.
What are your favorite holiday drinks both at home and from the parks? Let me know in the comments!
Watch how to make this recipe!
Non-Alcoholic Crème de Menthe Simple Syrup*
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
Mint Julep Syrup
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup lime juice
- 6 oz frozen lemonade concentrate
- ¼ c Crème de Menthe Syrup
- 2 cups Mint Julep Syrup
- 5 cups water
- 5 cups cranberry juice
- Orange Slice for garnish
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Sanding Sugar for sugared rims- optional
Crème de Menthe Simple Syrup
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling remove from heat and let cool completely. Then stir in peppermint extract.
Mint Julep Syrup
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Once sugar is dissolved, add lime juice, and lemonade concentrate and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling remove from heat and add in the Crème de Menthe.
- Let cool completely.
Cranberry Julep Drink
- Combine 2 cups Mint Julep Syrup, 5 cups water, and 5 cups Cranberry Juice. Chill for ~30 minutes.
- Garnish with orange slices and mint leaves.
- *You can buy Crème de Menthe syrup from your grocery store if you don’t want to make it. It is found near the alcohol/liquor section. Just make sure to buy a non-alcoholic version for this drink.
- This recipe makes ½ cup creme de menthe simple syrup but the Cranberry Julep recipe only needs ¼ cup. Save the extra simple syrup to add to lemonade or making another batch of Mint Juleps!
- For tips on how to make a sugared rim see my instructions in the post above.